Be a Part of Cambria County War Memorial History
The public is invited to participate in a Tribute to Loved Ones. For only $50 you can purchase a 2.5″ by 2″ commemorative name plaque. The plaque is permanently attached to a seat at the Cambria County War Memorial Arena.
The Cambria County War Memorial, a sports arena and auditorium, has been in operation since October 16, 1950. The Arena is the outgrowth of the initiative of the Johnstown Lions Club, under whose sponsorship representatives of the 50-odd civic organizations dedicated themselves early in World War II to support the idea of a war memorial. There was much deliberation on the important subject of what form the memorial should take. The view that the memorial should be practical with a useful purpose, won strong local support. The selection committee decided on an indoor sports arena as the great need of the community.
The money from the name plaques goes to help with the collection of items in the veteran’s museum and to keep the eternal flame in memorial park lit. The museum is open during most events at the Cambria County War Memorial. The museum has a collection of uniforms and other artifacts from various wars. There is also a large collection of newspaper articles on Cambria County Veterans.
Make Check payable to the
Cambria County War Memorial
326 Napoleon Street
Johnstown, PA 15901-1780