Phase II Return to Ice Rules
- COVID-19 Waiver and Questionnaire – attached are our COVID Waiver and Questionnaire documents. Please complete these prior to arriving. They will be collected as part of the check-in process and are required for all participants. This will only be collected the first time they enter the building.
- Temperature Screening – we will be taking the temperature of everyone entering the building. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees F or higher will not be allowed entry.
- Masks will be required for all who enter the building.
- Locker rooms will be available.
- Guests are to remain at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- Skaters must leave as soon as possible following their scheduled session.
- Limited concessions based on events.
- NCRC capacity 140 and 1ST SUMMIT Arena 500
COVID-19 SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PLEDGE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Health & Safety Commitment
Our nation and our planet are experiencing a health crisis not seen in over a century. The direct toll on humanity from loss of life due to COVID-19, and indirectly due to economic and other factors, will be felt for years to come. It will require a concerted effort and commitment to personal responsibility by every person to stop the spread of coronavirus and mitigate its devastating impact.
In voluntarily participating in the use of the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA and North Central Recreation Center (“NCRC”), on behalf of myself, and on behalf of my minor children, using the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC facilities and the ice sheet, I understand and accept that such use by me or my minor children is conditioned upon agreeing to abide by a set of guidelines designed for the personal and collective health and safety of myself, my minor children and all those who are included in this use.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, your minor children, our other guests and our staff. You and your minor children must follow all posted instructions while visiting the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and even death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), senior citizens and patrons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, you, for yourself and on behalf of your minor children, voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Please help keep each other healthy.
In light of the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), I have read the special mandatory health guidelines created for the use of the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, based upon the guidance of the CDC, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Cambria County, Pennsylvania and other appropriate governmental agencies. I understand these rules and pledge to abide by them at all times throughout my visitation to the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/ NCRC, both inside the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, in the parking areas surrounding the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, and including any travel to and from the activities occurring within the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC.
The rules, as detailed in the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC COVID-19 Health and Safety program, include:
• Complying with all 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC-communicated guidelines. • Bringing and wearing a facemask at all times except when skating on the ice. • Avoiding touching my eyes, nose and mouth. • Practicing social distancing, with my peer group as possible and always with others. • Staying with my assigned functional peer group and not mixing with other groups, neither inside nor outside the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, including while traveling to and from the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC. • Practicing sanitary behavior including washing my hands thoroughly throughout the day, including upon entering the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, before and after ice time usage, and before departure. • Regularly utilizing sanitizing stations. • Voluntarily isolating myself between ice time usages. • Immediately reporting to 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC designated staff, before and after entering the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, any symptoms of illness, including sore throat, cough, fever, chills, and shortness of breath. Further committing to not participating and/or immediately removing myself and/or my similarly affected minor children, from participation if I or they experience any of these symptoms. • Committing not to put myself or my minor children in harm’s way.
By signing this document, I confirm my, or my minor children’s, voluntary participation in the activities taking place in the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, including, but not limited to, ice time usage, whether organized or unorganized, and agree to all rules and health protocols provided to me, in order to maintain the safety and health of myself and others.
I verify that neither I, nor my minor child participating in activities at the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, have traveled outside the United States in the past fourteen (14) days to countries that have been affected by COVID-19.
I verify that neither I, nor my minor child participating in activities at the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, have traveled domestically within the United States by commercial airline, bus or train within the past fourteen (14) days.
I verify that neither I, nor my minor child participating in activities at the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, have been diagnosed with, nor are we suspected to have, COVID-19.
I understand that symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, fatigue, dry cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle pain, bluish lips or face, sore throat and persistent pain or pressure in the chest. I verify that neither I, nor my minor child participating in activities at the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, as well as all household members currently residing with me or my minor child, do not currently have, nor have we experienced the symptoms listed above within the last fourteen (14) days.
I verify that, to the best of my knowledge, neither I, nor my minor child participating in activities at the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, as well as all household members that currently reside with me or my minor child, have been exposed to anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID19 within the past thirty (30) days.
I understand and acknowledge that COVID-19 infections have been confirmed throughout the United States, including in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and in the Cities of Ebensburg and Johnstown, PA.
I understand and acknowledge that there are a number of risks associated with accessing the facility, including, but not limited to, that I, or my minor child participating in activities at 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, may be exposed to the COVID-19 virus, exposed to individuals who have returned from highly impacted COVID-19 areas, or exposure to individuals who may have been in contact with individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 or who were exposed to COVID-19.
Acknowledging the above risks, I hereby release, discharge, and agree to defend and indemnify and hold harmless Cambria County, PA, the Cambria County War Memorial Arena Authority and its managing agent for the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA/NCRC, SMG d/b/a ASM Global,, and their respective parents and affiliates, their officers, directors, managers, officials, agents, employees and/or other representatives, and their successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, rights, damages, expenses and cause of actions, whatever kind or nature, or other loss of any kind, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, which result from or which may result from any exposure by me or my minor child to the COVID-19 virus.
This Release and Waiver of Liability is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
By signing below, I acknowledge and represent that I have read the foregoing Release and Waiver of Liability, understand it and agree to its terms.